Monday, December 31, 2007

Objective: Administrative assistant or secretary position that would allow me to utilize my skills, education and experience.

Skills:
Ø Proficient in note taking and reception
Ø Well organized and able to quick adapt to new situations
Ø Able to work independently and in a group setting
Ø Skilled in Microsoft Office, Db Textworks

Experience
Secretary, Fraser South Region Mental Health Committee March 2007
Ø Note taker for Consumer and Family involvement meeting

Salvation Army, Surrey BC Christmas 2005 and 2006
Kettle Attendant
Ø Monitored kettles during the Salvation Army Kettles Fundraising campaign
Ø Friendly and comfortable dealing with the public

Lower mainland Down Syndrome Society, Surrey BC 2005-2006
Library Assistant
Ø Data entry
Ø Inventory Control and purchasing
Ø Organized and Shelved books

Standbred Association, Surrey BC Summer 2003
Library Assistant
Ø Organized a library
Ø Filing &Vertical Filing
Ø Website organizing and collecting websites
Ø Data entry
Ø Shelved books

Kwantlen University College, Langley BC 1999-2000
Library Assistant
Ø Shelf reading
Ø Returns Clerk
Education
Lord Tweedsmuir Secondary Diploma
Kwantlen University College Arts & Social Sciences Courses
Nova Scotia Community College Library Sciences Courses
Langara College Arts & Social Sciences, Library Sciences Courses
Additional Information & Interests: Yoga, Knitting, Beading, Reading, Writing, Research,
Internet and Computers, Bowling, Crafts


March 19, 2007
Attention Anyone:
I am writing in response to your posting for Secretarial position. After reading your job description, I am confident that my writing and my administrative skills are a perfect match for this position.
I would bring to your company a broad range of skills, including:
Ø Great communication and organizational skills
Ø Hard-working, honest and reliable
Ø Quick learner and able to adapt to new situations
Ø Able to work independently or as part of a group
I would very much like to discuss opportunities with you. To schedule an interview, please call me at samanthaiss@gmail.ca . You can leave a voice message at any time, and I will return your call. You will see from my enclosed resume that I meet all of these qualifications and more.
Sincerely,
Samantha Marciniak
Enclosure

No comments: